All About Learning Press
All About Spelling Level 1
Level 1 includes the Teacher Manual and the Student Packet.
By the end of Level 1, your student will be able to write phrases such as:
camp in tents
a stiff neck
The 24 steps of Level 1 progress in a logical, sequential order. Through direct instruction, students learn exactly what they need to know in order to spell well.
Level 1 in the All About Spelling series brings together the three pathways to learning—auditory (hearing), visual (seeing), and kinesthetic (touching).
This multisensory approach, combined with a built-in review system and reinforcement activities, ensures that students retain what they learn and understand how to apply it in practical situations.
In a practical, hands-on way, your student will learn:
- How to say and write the first 32 phonograms
- How to segment words into their individual sounds
- Short and long vowel sounds
- How to identify and count syllables in a word
- How to choose between c and k at the beginning of a word
- When to double f, l, and s
- How to spell /k/ at the end of a word
- How to form plural words by adding s or es
- Compound words
- Open and closed syllable types
- and more!